Last Updated on
In the first part of our interview with the Chief Data Elf at Santa Claus, Inc., we were able to share some interesting facts about their business and Christmas. Now, we would like to present Part Two of this fascinating discussion between the Chief Data Elf and Simon at Data Ladder. In this interview, the Chief Data Elf shared some details about Christmas that few of us may know and how this holiday tradition influences our business practices.
The Chief Data Elf disclosed the following facts for your consideration. Did you know:
1. Each year more than 3 billion Christmas cards are sent in the U.S. alone
2. All the gifts in the Twelve Days of Christmas would equal 364 gifts per person
3. Christmas trees usually grow for about 15 years before they are sold
4. Between 34 – 36 million trees produced each year
5. 100,000 people are employed in the US tree industry
6. The average tree has 100 lights per foot — so a six foot tree will have an average of 600 lights!
7. Each year there are approximately 20,000 “Rent-a-Santas” across the United States
8. Christmas purchases account for 1/6 of all retail sales in the U.S.
As you can well see, the impact of the holiday in the US and across the world is significant! These enlightening facts demonstrate that businesses must manage and link clean and clear data to properly guide their energy and connect with their customers, just like Santa Claus Inc.
Big Data plays a significant part in the celebration of Christmas. The Chief Data Elf at Santa Claus Inc., strongly recommends you follow their lead and partner with Data Ladder. When you use Data Match 2012 and Data Cleansing Pro software tools, your business will enjoy a happy, healthy, and profitable holiday season. Go to Data Ladder to download a free trial of their products.